Dverberg
The octagonal Dverberg Church is situated in the vast open landscape on the east side of the island Andøya. It was designed in 1841, completed and consecrated in 1843 and built in empire-style. Its body is simple and well balanced, mainly a result of the altar being inside the octagonal space. At the top of the sloping roof sits an octagonal spired turret containing the church bell. 

Year of construction

1841-1843

Architect

Christian Heinrich Grosch

Building Type

Church

Construction System / Materials

Log building, timber

Literature

Solhaug, Otto: ”Mens tidene går”, Dverbergfolket og kirka. Værøy 1993.

Map

Share

Dverberg kirke
Dverberg kirke
Dverberg kirke
Dverberg kirke
Dverberg kirke