Bøkfjord
Bøkfjord Lighthouse, located on Holmengrålandet peninsula on the east side of Bøkfjorden, guides ships into the approach to Kirkenes. After the Second World War the lighthouse was rebuild according to the architects Blakstad and Munthe-Kaas designs. The buildings comprise the lighthouse, accommodation, outbuildings and two red boathouses with landings.
A well proportioned one storey white concrete building with simple detailing houses the machinery hall. The lantern room is situated on the sea end of the flat roof. The building next to the lighthouse provided living quarters for two families.

Bøkfjord Lighthouse gained protected status in accordance with the Norwegian Cultural Heritage Act in 1998. The listing includes the lighthouse with machinery hall and lantern room, the keepers' cottages, the outbuildings, the forge, the boathouses and the telpherage with machine shed. A piece of land surrounding the station is also included in the listing in addition to the protective designations given to the area by Sør-Varanger District Council.

Year of construction

1947-1948

Architect

Arkitektkontoret Blakstad og Munthe-Kaas, Oslo

Client

The Norwegian Coastal Administration

Building Type

Lighthouse
keepers cottage
residence

Construction System / Materials

Concrete
wood

Keywords

Lighthouse
engine room

Literature

Bjørkhaug, Birger og Poulsson, Sven: Norges fyr. Fra Stad til Grense Jakobselv (bind 2), Oslo 1987.

Monrad-Krohn, Danckert: Norske fyr. Nasjonal verneplan for fyrstasjoner, Riksantikvarens rapporter nr. 24, Oslo 1997.

Map

Share

Bøkfjord fyrstasjon
Bøkfjord fyrstasjon
Bøkfjord fyrstasjon