9060 Lyngseidet
Lyngen Vicarage is located in Lyngseidet, on the hillside, roughly 250 metres southeast of the church from the 18th century. The vicarage's yard is situated on a north facing plain in an otherwise steep terrain, with a magnificent east facing view of the fjord Lygenfjorden. During the 19th century, the yard was located closer to the sea and the church, and it is possible that it has been moved twice. In the early part of the 19th century it is most likely that the vicarage's house was situated between the church and the sea. Around 1840 there was a new house built on the hillside right above the church (there are photographs indicating this). Then around 1920 the vicarage's yard was established in its current location.

Today the vicarage's yard is comprised of four buildings: a main building, tenant farmer's house, storehouse on pillars and barn. The oldest building on the yard is a small storehouse on pillars, which is most likely from the 18th century. The main building was completed in 1920, while the older one, which was located on the upper side of the church, was torn down nearly at the same time. The tenant farmer's house and the storehouse on pillars were moved to their current locations on the yard around the same time. The tenant farmer's house, storehouse on pillars and barn were declared listed buildings in 1991.

Year of construction

From the 18th century until 1920

Building Type

Vicarage
residence

Construction System / Materials

Cogging joint method
woodwork

Keywords

vicarage
residence
cog joint construction
woodwork
yard
barn
tenant's house
storehouse

Literature

Svendsen, Ola Ø., Fredede hus og anlegg 1, Finnmark, Troms, Nordland, Oslo 1981, p. 27

Map

Share

Lyngen prestegård
Lyngen prestegård
Lyngen prestegård
Lyngen prestegård
Lyngen prestegård