Steigen bygdetun (Steigen Open Air Museum)
Laskestad, 8289 Våg
Steigen Open Air Museum's collection is gathered round the former district doctor's residence Breidablikk. The main house was built as home and surgery for the district doctor of Steigen and Hamarøy in 1877 and remained in this use until 1962. The other buildings have either been moved here or purpose built for the museum. The shop, Svendsenbutikken, situated next to the road and the flower garden, was moved from Våg in 1986.The restoration of Fridastua (Frida's cottage) that had been moved from the former crofter's farmstead Gjerdet, was completed three years later. The red one storey tool shed is a new building housing exhibitions of farming and fishing tools. The fully equipped old smithy was moved from Skagstad.
Year of construction
Open air museum
Construction System / Materials
Pedersen, Jarl-Arne: Steigen – en vandring gjennom tusenårig historie. Steigen / Bodø 2008.