Bjorelvnes, 9300 Finnsnes
Lenvik gamle prestegård (old rectory) is situated at Bukkskinn on Bjorelvnes, 15 km north of Finnsnes. These are rural surroundings, with woods and fields as the nearest neighbours. The farm-yard is rectangular, with buildings on all four sides, a so-called open four-sided yard, encircled by trees. The façade of the main building, which faces south towards the garden, is slightly hidden behind large spruce trees. Today, the building houses Midt-Troms Museum, the Lenvik section.

The rectory was previously sited in Lenvik-Rødbergsand, but the old buildings were in a bad state of repair. When a new church was built at Bjorelvnes in 1879, it followed that the rectory should be moved and rebuilt. The new rectory was used from 1865 onwards. The farm was in use up until 1963 and the site then stood empty until the work of restoring the buildings was begun in 1983 and the museum moved there in 1985.

Year of construction

1885

Building Type

House
farm site

Construction System / Materials

Timbering
panelling
notched log construction

Map

Share

Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård
Lenvik gamle prestegård