9152 Sørkjosen
Gammelgården is the last remaining building of the old trading post in Sørkjosen and is now right next to the main road, E6, surrounded by a mixture of newer building types. The house was built in 1832 as the residence for Peder Borch Lund, the local merchant and inn keeper. The two storey rectangular building's footprint and front elevation are symmetrically placed about the entrance which faces the sea. The north-, west- and partly south facing walls have white vertical wooden cladding whilst the rest simply have exposed untreated timber. The roof is a pitched slate roof.

The extension to the south was added when the building went through major alterations towards the end of the 1950s. Internal walls and the intermediate floor were removed to turn the house into a village hall. In the exterior one can still see the boxed in ends of the internal partitions. The extension contains lobby, cloakroom, toilets and kitchen.

Year of construction

1832
1958

Client

Peder Borch Lund

Building Type

Residence
trading post
trading settlement
village hall

Construction System / Materials

Wood
log house
timber stud walls

Map

Share

Gammelgården
Gammelgården
Gammelgården