Brønnøysund
Brønnøy Vicarage and its garden is located close to the town centre of Brønnøysund, near Brønnøy Church and within an extended area of parkland. There has been a vicarage with a cluster of farm buildings on this site since the Middle Ages. A low mound can be seen in the landscape under which there are remains from a number of previous structures that have been destroyed over time. The only building left, surrounded by large trees, is the current vicarage dating from the 19th century.

The handsome white, empire-style, one-storey building has a cog jointed timber construction with horizontal wooden cladding. Square slates cover the half-hipped roof and above the original main entrance is a wide pitch-roofed dormer.

This vicarage was already in the 1920s on a list of potential buildings for protection, but the official status as a protected structure was not given until 1991.

Year of construction

1844-1845

Client

Dean Marstrander

Building Type

Residence, vicarage

Construction System / Materials

Cog jointed timber

Literature

Svendsen, Ola Ø.: Fredede hus og anlegg 1, Oslo 1981, pp. 56-57

Map

Share

Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård
Brønnøy prestegård