9185 Skjervøy
Skjervøy Vicarage is situated with Skjervøy Church on the southern slope, easily visible above the buildings in the centre of Skjervøy, formerly the fishing village of Skjervøy, and easily visible from the sea. The vicarage is situated about a hundred metres from the old cruciform church dating from 1728. Both the vicarage and the church location history go back to the Middle Ages, thus creating a cultural landscape with long traditions.

The main building of the vicarage, dating from 1893, is still in use as clergy accommodation. The white-painted building with a grey slate roof is built over one and a half storeys, with a wide dormer window in the middle facing the sea. The building, which stands on a clearly-visible foundation wall of washed natural stone, was constructed of cog-jointed timbers and externally clad with vertical planed panelling. This is a typical example of vicarages that were built at the end of the nineteenth century in a simple Swiss style.

The main vicarage building was awarded listed building status in 1987.

Year of construction

1893

Client

State

Building Type

Housing, public

Construction System / Materials

Woodwork
notched log construction

Keywords

vicarage
residence
woodwork
cog joint construction
vertical boarding
natural stone
Swiss style

Share

Skjervøy prestegård
Skjervøy prestegård
Skjervøy prestegård