"Steigen kirke" (2 of 7)
This plan drawing shows both the medieval church (the hatched walls) and the new extension from 1869. The walls drawn with dashed lines indicate the part of the old church that was demolished. The remaining part of it became the chancel of the new church. The drawing is made by Tromsø Museum who undertook an archeological excavation under the church floor in 1962. The drawing is taken from Pedersen 2008, page 57.