"Ole Olsens park" (3 of 5)
The blue wooden pavilion is situated in the upper half of the park. It was a gift from the organisation Round Table in 1988 in preparation for the celebration of the town's bicentenary the following year. The pavilion has a square footprint with columns in each corner carrying a square low-hipped roof with an onion dome on top. Hammerfest has had several pavilions: the first in 1887, then another two in 1894 and 1934. The latter was destroyed when the town was burnt in 1944. The design of the current pavilion was inspired by its predecessors.