"Tjøtta gård" (2 of 5)
The large main building is from 1870 and was erected when Johan Brodtkorb took over Tjøtta. The previous building that once stood here was built in the 18th century. The main building from 1870 is two-storied and rather wide, something that also provides usable space in the loft. The façade is symmetric, centred on the main entrance that has a glassed-in veranda. A number of different elements comprise the house, such as large cross post windows, exquisite detailing on the exterior panelling, a marked cornice and framing - all in conjunction with the stylistic developments that occurred in the last half of the 19th century.