"Macks ølbryggeri" (3 of 5)
Ølhallen, the beer hall, was not opened until 1928. Before that the basement was used for storage and had earthen floors and low ceilings. Ølhallen which has been refurbished several times, last in 1972, has vaulted ceilings, brick walls and now ceramic tiles on the floor. The furniture is rough and ready and the long serving counter is of course a central feature. The furniture and lamps were designed by Franz Wozak who came to Norway as a refugee in 1939. He was the son of a head brewer from Trieste and knew well both the brewery trade and European beer halls.