Glomstua, which is situated by Lille Glomvann, was built in 1919 as a residence for the director of the smelting plant. In 1824 ownership of the residence was transferred to the Norwegian government. At the time the Haugvik Smelting Plant started production in 1927, Glomstua was let out as a residence for the director. In 1947, when Norsk Hydro took over the smelting plant, it was still the director's residence. Yet in 1949 it was converted into a guest residence, which it still serves as today. Glomstua shows signs of good finances and has the ability and will to provide the director of the company with a comfortable residence. A number of different aspects reflect this: the site, size, room functions and detailing. Consider for example the magnificent and lovely detailed entrance.
Year of construction
Morten Anker Bache
Glomfjord Smelting Plant
Construction System / Materials
Hage, Ingebjørg: "Glomfjord - idealbyen rundt 1920" in Karlsøy og verden utenfor. Kulturhistoriske perspektiver på nordnorske steder. Tromsø museums skrifter XXX, Tromsø 2003, pp. 208-231.