Bjerkvik kirke (Bjerkvik Church)
Rapet 5, Bjerkvik
Bjerkvik Church is situated like a landmark at the bottom of the fjord Vestfjorden - on a rise above the sea and the classified road, on the outskirts of the town centre. The location, the tall masonry wall and the white colour of the building, all make the church easily visible in the landscape. The church was designed by Arnstein Arneberg (1882-1961) in collaboration with Per Solemslie (1919-). Arneberg was a prominent architect in the first half of the 20th century. He was also one of two architects behind the project of the Oslo Town Hall. In 1914 the first church at this site was erected, but along with several of the buildings in Bjerkvik, it burned down at the start of the war in May of 1940.
Year of construction
Consecrated in 1955
Construction System / Materials