8380 Ramberg
The site of Flakstad Church consists of the red-painted eighteenth-century church, the church hall and storehouse dating from the nineteenth century belonging to the vicarage, and the twentieth-century vicarage itself. The church site was established as early as the Middle Ages, and there was at any rate a church built here before the present-day church.

The long, low church building is a cog-jointed construction using timbers clad externally with red-painted wooden panelling, as was usual at the end of the eighteenth century. The small-paned windows have white frames. The roof is covered with tiles and a ridge turret with an onion dome and spire crowns the intersection of the cross arms.

The church is made up of four joints along its length of varying height and breadth. The first joint section comprises the porch
then comes the largest joint section, which is the main nave
after that a somewhat narrower and lower choir section
as well as a sacristy, which is even narrower and lower than the choir. In addition there are two small transepts.

Year of construction

1780

Building Type

Church, assembly house

Construction System / Materials

Cog-jointed timbers

Literature

Nordland fylkeskommune: Kulturminneplan for Lofoten. Trondheim 2008

Map

Share

Flakstad kirke
Flakstad kirke
Flakstad kirke
Flakstad kirke
Flakstad kirke