The old assembly building is situated on the outskirts of the site by the north end of the dam. This structure has an elongated rectangular form and a hipped roof. The small-paned windows, simple frame design that emphasises the shutters, and lath panelling gives the building an aesthetic appeal. It was designed by the Oslo architect Erling Nielsen in 1918.