"Borge kirke" (2 of 5)
Borge became an independent parish in 1740, when it was separated from the Buksnes Parish. There have been churches in this community since the early Middle Ages
at least six of them have been located in Borg. The first time the Borge Church was mentioned in written sources, was in a document (dated 1335) signed by the priest "Arne to Borge". Prior to 1537, the church was a part of the Roman Catholic Church, since that time it has been a Lutheran church. Following a fire in 1896, a new church building was completed in 1898. It was a large, long church, of timber, with a seating capacity of 800. Unfortunately, it burned to the ground on the 14th of February 1983.