The church space has white-rendered stone walls with high neo-Gothic windows that end in a point at the top. The ceiling in the church space, however, forms a gentle barrel vault, finely wrought of timber, something that belongs in stylistic terms to the first part of the nineteenth century and the eighteenth century. There are galleries at the back of three of the cross arms, while the choir forms the fourth cross arm in the church. The altar piece in the choir was painted by Einar Ulving in 1910 and the motive is the resurrection of Christ.

On the east wall of the present-day choir stands a section of wall built in ashlar (square-hewn stone) of soapstone, and this originates from the medieval church. The present-day choir is approximately 12 metres wide and this was possibly the breadth of the medieval nave.

Share

Brønnøy kirke