The farmers most likely used blueprints supplied by the district architect when building their new homes. The district architect (an official) was Kirsten Sand and she had an office in Skjervøy from 1945 to 1952.
How the walls of the houses are constructed is not known for sure, but it is likely to be square sawn logs, though one of the owners thinks there are also vertical planks in some parts. On the outside there is either horizontal or vertical wooden cladding.
The houses have one and a half or two full storeys and were planned with emphasis on the functional aspects of running a home. The original windows had two casements and a central mullion. Due to the sloping land each house has a basement and a tall front basement wall.