The slip is situated in Storbukt, north of the Honningsvåg town centre and was operated by Isaksen Brothers' Patent Slip Ltd. - a complete industrial complex from the reconstruction period after World War II. The slip that was located here before the war was completely destroyed during the German withdrawal in the autumn of 1944. Today the complex is comprised of a winch house, workshop building and slip with a rail track, slip cart and winch complex - a small and modest complex that is easily overlooked.

The business activity at the slip started in 1953 and persisted until the end of the 1980s. In 1993 the complex was declared listed and today is owned by the Nordkapp Museum.

Share

Brødrene Isaksens Patentslipp A/S