"Eliborg" (2 of 5)
The building has strictly classical details, including temple gable motifs on the dormer-windows and painstakingly-crafted top-pieces over the highest windows on the gable walls. The school was in use as a boarding school for only 14 years, and the last people to live there were Finnish refugees - in 1939. During the war, the building was used as German headquarters, with stables and a jail in the cellar. Today, Eliborg has many uses: the municipal library is situated here and there is exhibition space for art exhibitions. There is also office space, and husflidslaget (the home crafts association) is based here.