Next to the shopping centre in Hvedings gate is a former coal and salt warehouse from 1926 now used for car parking. Bertheus Nilsen reused cast iron components which he had bought in 1924 from the by then defunct iron ore works in Salangen, Salangsverket. The long building has the shape of a basilica with external walls of red painted rendered bricks and white painted quoins on the corners and around the main entrance.

Share

Bertheustorget, Harstad