"Rikard Kaarbøs plass" (4 of 8)
That which is today the bank Harstad Sparebank was originally erected as a beer- and wine shop for "Harstad øl- and wine samlag" in 1906, and the architect was Ole Stein from Trondheim. Up until 1938, a "samlag" was a trading partnership which had the exclusive rights to sell alcohol in a municipality. Harstad Sparebank took over the entire building in 1917 after having been a tenant since the beginning. The buildin has a nearly triangular ground plan and is situated between the streets Hans Egedes gate and Rikard Kaarbøs gate. It is two-storied and has a lovely detailed façade, with features chiefly from the Jugendstil, but also with simple Neo-Gothic elements.