Sjøgata 14 (street address) was built during the first half of the 19th century, with vertical panelling and a low saddle roof, features characteristic of the Trondheim Empire style. The façade has undergone significant changes. For one, the shop front windows on the first-storey which were installed in the beginning of 20th century. Fluted relief supports framing the door and window openings were also added. In the second-storey, one can see the old window arrangement more clearly. On the northern gable wall, the original Rococo windows are situated underneath the ridge of the roof. Here there are also remains of the original wooden panelling. Such small paned windows were common in Tromsø during the first half of the 19th century. Tromsø's Hardware Shop has been in business here (Sjøgata 14) since 1922.

Share

Sjøgata 10-29