Construction of the main building commenced in 1805 and was initially planned to be a gangway house, where an annex was added to be used as a "tingstue" (village hall). Since 1834 there have been minimal alterations performed on the building. Today it has been restored and its "look" is similar to how it appeared in the 1850s. It is a two-storied building made of cogging jointed timber and has a saddle roof that is covered with clay tiles. The sections of the building that overlook the sea, along with the gable sides, are covered with horizontal panelling, while those facing the garden are covered with vertical panelling. The façade is asymmetrically designed, with a lovely entrance portal in the Empire style on the oldest section. Typical Rococo windows, small paned with a central post, decorate the building.

The general store was the trading settlement's gathering place. It is situated with the gable facing the sea and forms the northern side of the seaside yard. The building is constructed from cogging jointed timber with horizontal panelling, and stands on piles in the sea. It was built in 1842 and expanded in 1884.

One can vaguely see the wing to the main building in the background between the general store and the main building, it was erected around 1850. It is a long and narrow two-storied building, similar to dwelling houses from the Trondheim region.

Share

Kjerringøy handelssted