"Glomfjord kraftstasjon" (1 of 6)
The Glomfjord Power Plant was built in 1918, and the architect was Johan Olaf Nordhagen from Trondheim. The station, with its open pipe trench located above on the mountain behind, appears majestic. It stands alone innermost in the fjord Glomfjorden, on the old waterway of the Fykanvassdrag. The complex is located on a plateau, terminated on the front edge by a straight elevation base on the edge of the sea. It is built of concrete and covered with hewn natural stone (hacking). Seven large rounded arch openings release water from the power plant out to the fjord. The building is also built of reinforced concrete, which is roughcast plastered on the exterior. It is a composite structure made up of three building shells of varying sizes and form. On the interior, there were different functions within each of the three building shells. The longest section was a large open hall, the machinery hall, with aggregates with horizontal axels lined in a row. The composite central section houses the vertical communication, offices, along with the control room for the machinery hall. The third section is three-storied and was referred to as the "apparatus house".