In earlier times, the church had two towers. When the last tower was taken down in 1792, a bell-house was built in the vicinity of the church. Two church bells hang there today. Earlier, the cellar under the floor of the church was used as a burial chamber, and here there are coffins and the remains from several hundred burials.

Right by the church is the vicarage comprising several buildings. The main building, also called the Stiftsgården (Diocesan Farm) dates from 1869. A red-painted church hall stands by the churchyard wall. Earlier, there were probably six church halls on Trondenes. The halls belonged to individual farms round about in the church parish. People would use the halls to get ready and possibly stay overnight when they attended high mass on Sunday mornings.

Share

Trondenes kirke