The facade is stuccoed with mineral rendering and the name of the property is picked out in stone stucco at the top – facing Kongens gate. The shape of the façade reflects its interior use, with large window panes and limited wall area downstairs and an expanse of stone increasing at the expense of the window area in the upper storeys.

The building was designed by the architects Kristoffer Lange and Eirik Nustad, in line with town-plan specifications for the rebuilding after the war. It was completed by 1951. The neighbouring buildings, Kongens gate 40 and 39, date from the same period and have the same characteristic rebuilding features as Kolflath-gården, but are one storey lower and less lavish in appearance.

Share

Kolflaath-gården