The customs office was set up in about 1840 and was used for its original purpose up until the 1970s. Today this serves as the office building for Polarmuseet.

The building, with its square ground plan, is constructed of cog-jointed logs, clad externally with horizontal grey-painted panelling. The gabled roof was roofed with redbrick pantiles before these were replaced with grey slate roofing tiles. Today there are concrete roofing tiles. The existing shape of the windows, with T-posts, are most probably from the latter half of the nineteenth century.

Share

Skansen